The quantity of feed required by a horse is determined by the size and the particular workload of the horse. By feeding barley sprouts, a total of 60% - 100% of their current diet can be replaced. Horses that require very high starch nutrition can still use the normal feed that is currently given to them. For healthy digestion purposes, it is required that the horse gets a minimum of 1.5% of its body weight in dry feed.
Other benefits regarding FEEDGROW®:
- Prevention of ulcers, inflammation and compaction.
- Shortens recovery time after strenuous work or exercise.
- The exceptional growth of year-old foals
- Stimulates appetite during dry seasons
- Higher milk production by mares
- Helps with the rehydration process after heavy perspiration due to strenuous work/exercise etc.
- Produces important amino acids which in turn speeds up the breeding process of the horse.